Monday 31 December 2018

Mining under £600 (UK) affordable start up

Hi there, so I have been doing a lot of research and... i just want to jump in and try it. However, this is just for fun for me, I am not interested in making a profit. To start I just want to start small, but I hear a lot of bad reviews on usb sticks with mining software on.

I cannot afford to jump in with a GPU, so it has to be something like the Antminer s9. This is the best for value that I have seen so far. What are your thoughts on this?

Next: would you buy it second hand or brand new. Right now brand new on amazon is £320. On ebay you are looking at £200. I think it is better to splash out and get a guarentee? Thoughts?

Or should I go cheap cheap and just play around with minor currencies and small blocks? And get the usb stick or a s6 or something ancient? I read that you get pushed out though as it just cannot compete with new software.

Next: a 1000w power supply. Brand new or second hand? I think brand new is £100. Thoughts? And does it make a difference which one?

Next: is a hard drive to store bitcoins necessary? I think thats about £60 on amazon.

Next: PSU, is it worth it? Is it worth looking into over clockers?

I want to keep my initial investment below £500, if I make that back I will re invest it :)

Any help would be great!!



Submitted December 31, 2018 at 09:02PM by ryaster2 http://bit.ly/2QYwv4Z

No comments :

Post a Comment