Monday 24 June 2019

Had one of my hash boards short out and catch fire

Earlier I noticed one of my miners, a Z9 mini, had dropped so I headed over to my mine to check it out. When I got there I noticed the miner was completely off, no lights, but the PSU fan was still spinning. I figured it was probably just a bad PSU so I went ahead and replaced it with a spare and set everything back up again to test. As soon as I plugged it back in, flames, sparks and smoke started shooting out the back of miner. It looked exactly like someone had lit a sparkler. I was able to unplug it quickly enough before it got any worse or anything else got damaged.

I’ve always been a little paranoid about a fire happening at my mine and this kinda shook me a bit. Not too long ago I bought these exploding automatic fire extinguisher balls and mounted them around my mine as a last resort incase a fire ever did break out. Im lucky it happened while I was there to quickly respond to it, otherwise I can imagine how things could’ve gotten out of control. I’m not sure what caused the short but I’m guessing it might have shorted out originally and when I replaced the power supply and powered it up again it started to spark and burn.

I took some pics of the damaged board. I lost 2 boards in all.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8U7pnln



Submitted June 25, 2019 at 12:41PM by IGotThisYo http://bit.ly/2YjKPox

No comments :

Post a Comment