Wednesday 9 August 2023

Does anyone know anyone who truly understands bitcoin but doesn’t own bitcoin?


I almost never post on Reddit but I made the mistake of posting something on the FIRE subreddit asking why people are hesitant to learn about bitcoin. I was blown away (I guess not surprisingly in hindsight) by the majority of comments. I assumed people interested in FIRE would be a little more thoughtful or financially literate, but I was wrong. People are STILL comparing bitcoin to buying beanie babies in the year 2023 or saying that bitcoin is only for criminals 🀦🏼‍♂️There were are few people who commented with things like “I fully understand it but I don’t own any because (list of nonsense reasons like it’s too speculative and has ‘no inherent value’ etc)”. When people say things like that it becomes obvious that they don’t truly understand bitcoin. So my question is: does anyone here know any person who ACTUALLY understands bitcoin, but doesn’t own any? via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/3qh6fG1

No comments :

Post a Comment