Friday 30 December 2016

I contacted my community college and asked if they would offer a course on Bitcoin. They asked if I would teach it. My local community college is offering a short class on Bitcoin and I'd like to share some of the information on Bitcoin I gathered to teach it.


To teach the class I wrote down everything at all I'd ever though I'd heard about with Bitcoin and then looked each item up.If you've ever been down a wiki-hole you know how information hunting can end up.So I have a lot of info I gathered so that the class can focus on fun things and the students can get a glimpse at some of the things they didn't know they don't know about.I'd like to share that information with you!1.0 Introduction Lecture Info2.0 Bitcoin the system vs bitcoin the token3.1 a history of money3.1b the history of relevant technology before btc.3.2a history genesis block through 20143.2b 2015-now4.1A Satoshi Nakamoto & people4.1b Companies4.1c Use, wallet, misc4.2a Media coverage4.2b Regulation5.1 R&D5.2 Beyond BitcoinMore sources there are some 'security' things in the sources list that just are not in the scope of the class but people might find interesting (I did).& a post on Problems with common methods of cold storageAt my community college in Portland Oregon, PCC.EDU, I have taught this course twice before and we are offering it Winter term (next 2 months), if you know anyone in Portland who wants to learn about this in a group setting.The course will be focusing more on how to use btc rather than all the info mentioned above though. Link via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2iyvEDk

No comments :

Post a Comment