Friday 30 December 2016

I contacted my community college and asked if they would offer a course on Bitcoin. They asked if I would teach it. My local community college is offering a short class on Bitcoin and I'd like to share some of the information on Bitcoin I gathered to teach it.

To teach the class I wrote down everything at all I'd ever though I'd heard about with Bitcoin and then looked each item up.
If you've ever been down a wiki-hole you know how information hunting can end up.

So I have a lot of info I gathered so that the class can focus on fun things and the students can get a glimpse at some of the things they didn't know they don't know about.

I'd like to share that information with you!


1.0 Introduction Lecture Info

2.0 Bitcoin the system vs bitcoin the token

3.1 a history of money

3.1b the history of relevant technology before btc.

3.2a history genesis block through 2014

3.2b 2015-now

4.1A Satoshi Nakamoto & people

4.1b Companies

4.1c Use, wallet, misc

4.2a Media coverage

4.2b Regulation

5.1 R&D

5.2 Beyond Bitcoin

More sources there are some 'security' things in the sources list that just are not in the scope of the class but people might find interesting (I did).

& a post on Problems with common methods of cold storage


At my community college in Portland Oregon, PCC.EDU, I have taught this course twice before and we are offering it Winter term (next 2 months), if you know anyone in Portland who wants to learn about this in a group setting.
The course will be focusing more on how to use btc rather than all the info mentioned above though. Link



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 04:19AM by ProfBitcoin http://bit.ly/2iyvEDk

No comments :

Post a Comment