Tuesday 29 August 2017

How important is scale in bitcoin mining?

I have a great facility to set up a bitcoin mining operation with 0.5 MW available. The facility is located in the southern most part of Argentina in a tax fee zone. The weather is really cold, the facility is prepared for mining and the electricity cost is not so competitive but it's not bad either. Assuming I can get 350 ant-miners a S9 to consume my 0.5 MW. Will this be enough scale to set up a competitive mining operation? Or should I look for a place with at least 5MW available so I can have at least 3500 miners working? Besides getting a better deal for the hardware, what other aspects of scale are relevant to bitcoin mining?



Submitted August 30, 2017 at 11:39AM by mikeklurfan http://bit.ly/2vD85iQ

No comments :

Post a Comment