Friday 25 August 2017

How to predict "profitability decline per year"?

Very new to the game, just trying to figure out if it's right for me.

I'm considering purchasing the new Antminer S9 that will be coming out on BitMain in November. I am using this mining calculator to project my potential earnings.

Most of the parameters are pretty straight forward, but I'm not really sure what to put in the "profitability decline per year" section. From my rudimentary understanding of bitcoin, a given amount of Hash Power produces less and less bitcoins over time (depending on the total amount of hashpower accumulating in the world). I suspect that this profitability decline is a result of this loss in haspower efficiency but as I am just learning, could be off the mark completely. Even if I am correct I have no Idea how to quantify this decline, and of course there might be other factors at play.

If anyone out there could fill me in on what I'm missing (and perhaps warn me about any pitfalls I might be heading towards), it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: missed a stupid comma



Submitted August 26, 2017 at 12:39AM by Imposter_Imposter http://bit.ly/2vwJ7kk

No comments :

Post a Comment