Monday 3 December 2018

If you’re here for the tech - 1st year with skin in the game.


I’ve watched bitcoin for years. I remember when I first heard about them. They were 100’s for a few cents. I paid it no mind. I remember when they hit $50 a coin. I was blown away. I looked into the tech a little. I remember them hitting $100 coin. A couple months prior, I had ordered a knc miner a and got frustrated it wasn’t shipping so I charged back the order. I questioned taking the money and just buying and securing a few dozen coins. I remember when it hit $1000 a coin, knowing all about it and having a friend rub in my face I missed my chance. I remember my friend coming back a year later telling me he sold too soon and wanted to get back in. I remember talking about hardware wallets, exchanges, and buying in for the first time.That was Sept last year. I’m now 50% down. And my spine just started tingling.You see, while I’m 50% down, I’m excited to see what the next few years bring us. The tech forming around us, the investments coming in, the use cases we find for it. I look forward to hearing more about adoption and making better tools for people that struggle to understand why this is such amazing tech. I’m anxiously awaiting the calls of people asking me how to purchase it and how to store it.Right now kinda sucks for me. I really wish I had waited the year. I wish I had double what I had! But you know, this last year I learned about crypto. I dove into the tech and enjoyed the ride and learned to keep from puking when the price took a dive. My investment was never about the year... and I don’t wanna be rich. This was about 2022 and just a leg up on the coming life we’ll all have.In the next 5 years we will see if and what populations will accept this transition. We will see those who want to take responsibility for their own financial assets and finally walk away from traditional money step forward. We will see if currency can extend far beyond boarders and the control and a few select parties. We’ll see so much that we already knew was coming and be elated about its arrival still.Yes I’m nervous... yes I’m scared. There is always a chance for failure no matter how small. There is always a chance we don’t get to make the journey as heros or if at all. There is a chance we never leave the ground at all.Gents.... I believe this feeling is the closest many of us will ever get to being strapped into a rocket, staring up at the sky moments before liftoff surrounded by propellant and excitement.We will go standing on the shoulders of giants. Of friends and foes alike and the collective knowledge of a species hoping to better understand the ways it interacts with itself.I finally understand why you people feel like you’re going to the moon... and I’m so glad I jumped in with you. Let’s take a ride! via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2Pj3MSH

No comments :

Post a Comment