Saturday 28 September 2019

From a day job to a crypto job (a Bitcoin life-changing story).


I've spent most of my early 20s into getting a college degree. After graduation, I got a job in healthcare. The pay was great and working hours were horrible. I would spend 9-11 hours a day at work, not to mention having on-calls 6 to 7 days a month. The job really had no taste or any lifestyle in it.Before I got the job and right after graduation, I was introduced to crypto and was fascinated by it since day 1. I would take away 30-40% of my salary and put it into crypto, reading about it in my spare time. It was really March, 2019 when I decided to leave my day job for good. I went on a journey to explore cryptoland. I would spend most my time on Reddit asking questions and answering some about crypto. I would raise awareness in my own community, and help my friends set up their wallet and purchase a fraction of Bitcoin. I had no pay, I was living off my savings. I've left everything for crypto and crypto had nothing to offer to me.Later on, I came across a crypto exchange that put up a job position in customer support services. I applied for the job even though it required a bachelor degree in business and having experience in the field of support services, I had neither with an unrelated degree. I kept coming at them. I've sent them 5-10 emails, applied to their position through all platforms that had the job, and even talking to them through their support service telling them more about myself, I would always throw my name at the end of every conversation I had with them to let them know I was the same annoying guy who talked to them the night prior.One day, I get an email telling me to come for a job interview, I've spent 4 hours being interviewed by all co-founders. The time I spent watching documentaries about Bitcoin and global economy helped me alot to impress them.I got the job. It is remote, night shift, and 7 hours a day. The best part is that I'm getting paid half what I used to make. Half without the horrible long hours and hospital sleepovers. without having to get up on the morning hoping for the day to finish.I am happy now. The team is great and I'm enjoying every moment.​Keep taking risks till you wake up in the morning to do something you love. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2nw6Oen

No comments :

Post a Comment