Monday 30 November 2020

Coinbase is closing my account and customer support is not replying to my emails about my missing funds.


So, I have been using Coinbase for over 3 years now and always enjoyed using their platform, but I was never expecting what happened to me with what I thought was one of the most trusted crypto exchanges in US.Long story short, I had made a transfer from KuCoin to Coinbase with USDC and apparently they do not like their customers using Hong Kong exchanges, so they send me an email that they are closing my account. I logged into my account immediately and was re-directed to a page where I had to transfer all of my funds outside of coinbase so they can proceed with closing my account, but only to find out 50-60% of my funds are missing.I emailed coinbase support and they replied that I had to login to my coinbase pro, because the rest of my funds were stuck there and I have to transfer them on my own to my coinbase wallets. The problem is anytime I login to my coinbase pro account, it redirects me to the same page always where I have to transfer my funds to other wallets and it does not show my missing funds on there.I explained to them what is happening and they kept replying back with almost the same emails as the previous ones "please login to your coinbase pro account" its like they are not even reading my email.I have sent 8 emails in which I explain to coinbase support what they have to do as I had found other users to be with the same problem as mine when their account were closed. Basically, "if your Coinbase account gets closed and you have some funds (crypto or fiat) on Coinbase Pro, chances are you won’t be able to withdraw those funds right away. They have to manually transfer the funds to your Coinbase account so you could withdraw them."The last email I received from coinbase was 12 days ago on 11/18/2020 and since then I had sent about 7-8 emails asking about my funds. They have caused me so much stress, I cant even explain it. Its traumatic when 50-60% of your investments are held by a company that is not responding to your questions for 12 days and here I am a believer in Bitcoin and crypto that one day we will make a better world, but if these kind of companies are running crypto, then we are in trouble. At least if I have a problem with my bank, there is always someone to help me. Coinbase support on the other hand, its like if there is a problem, don't expect coinbase support to help you, you are on your own.I have filed a complaint with FDIC, since most of my funds were in USD and I really did not want to go this route, but at this point I have no idea what else to do. via /r/Bitcoin https://bit.ly/3lpsSzA

No comments :

Post a Comment