Monday 24 July 2023

UK Bank accounts completely frozen after P2P

On Saturday morning. my UK bank froze my entire account. Cards blocked, online banking disabled, no access to any money.

Banks work 5 days per week, Mon - Fri.

Im visiting here, with no access to local currency, and I wont be able to talk to resolve this until 5 working days from now at the earliest. (Saturday to Friday potentially with no access to my own finances)

I did a P2P transaction on binance, to exchange some crypto for GBP, <2000 GBP. The transfer was highlighted as potential fraud by the bank.

So they locked all access to all accounts I have, and the amounts available.

Take care out there, but man, banks are insane. Locking up peoples money without any discussion, on a day when itll be a minimum 2 days before someone is even at a desk to start going through the process. Thankfully I have no kids, but it was a tricky few days for my wife and I.

Abroad and locked out of your bank is pretty hard for anyone.....

and all of this for my own safety........ right banks?

Bitcoin cant become mainstream soon enough.



Submitted July 24, 2023 at 10:30PM by GeoffreyGardiner https://bit.ly/3Y89kEU

No comments :

Post a Comment