Thursday 27 August 2015

Bitcointalk is being run by abusive scammers, it has become 1984-esque

I was almost scammed on Bitcointalk, so a scammer posted an accusation against me. A member who is well known for abusing others (http://bit.ly/1ElfaqZ) then attacked my reputation non-stop for days. For some reason this guy is on 'default trust' so he can make anyone look like a scammer with the reputation system. He abused that power and was demanding tons of info about affairs that didn't involve him, in a marketplace he had no understanding of. I obliged his requests, but he ignored everything I said so it was a waste of time. Meanwhile he is selling accounts which facilitates fraud on Bitcointalk, and there are many accusations against him. He is using his default trust power to abuse whoever he chooses and to make money.

I bumped threads that talked about him being a scammer and abuser, I posted legitimate comments on each thread. He got an administrator to delete all the posts and ban me while I was sleeping.

So after years of doing business there, and hundreds of satisfied customers, my reputation got ruined by someone I don't know and who I never did business with, for no good reason. No one else was coming after me besides him.

The worst part is the administrators aided him in doing this, and completely ignored my pleas for help with this. They are aiding a police mentality on bitcointalk, this guy and other members go around 'investigating' and demanding information, they will ruin your rep if you don't talk to them, and ruin it anyways if they don't like you.

Since when is it acceptable for completely anonymous people to investigate others affairs? He won't even tell me what country he is in but demands info from everyone.

It's sick what Bitcointalk has become. It's no longer a place for honest people, and it is completely opposite of the de-centralized spirit of Bitcoin.



Submitted August 28, 2015 at 12:12AM by turtlecane http://bit.ly/1hi02Qy

No comments :

Post a Comment