Tuesday 25 August 2015

It happened to me and it can happen to you. Do Not Use Localbitcoins. They permanently suspended my 2 year account (with positive feedback) for "trading outside of escrow."


TL;DR. Trader for over 2 years. Now account is permanently suspended for trading outside of escrow even though rules/TOS do not explicitly say so.So before I get all the posts saying how escrow is this and that let me just get to the jist:If you are willing to trade with someone outside of escrow, then that's your decision to make as the buyer or seller since it's your money/coins your free will. The reasons I don't trade with their wallets or their escrow:It takes 3 confirmations to arrive with full credit.It takes 3 confirmations for the buyer to be able to move their coins.Rumor has it that Coinbase and/or Circle (if they can trace it somehow) will close your account if they see coins going to LBC.If your coins get held in escrow or on their servers, you no longer have control over your coins. Market volatility and elaborate scammers can cost you quite a bit.It's a slow process.It's faster to send directly to a buyer's wallet.LBC has been hacked in the past where customers lost funds.They have built in unconfirmed feedback which is enough (IMO) to put an end to any scammer.They do not have in their TOS nor their rules that every transaction must go through their wallets or escrow.I have never scammed anyone nor has anyone ever accused me of scamming.I have never been scammed (as a seller or buyer) not thanks to their wallet or escrow, but since I have control over my property similar to a store that releases it's own merchandise once someone has paid for it.My very first trade via localbitcoins over 2 years ago: I traded with a guy who explained how the 3 confirmations worked and explained it would take more than half an hour for me to get my coins moved. He also explained how if LBC should suddenly go down or become compromised, my coins would be stuck there until they eventually brought their services back up or recovered/reimbursed funds.All things considered I only trade my wallet to their wallet and build trust/rapport the old fashioned way. Yes it's all unconfirmed but it's feedback nonetheless. However LBC has decided to PERMANENTLY suspend my account. Not over scamming anyone, not over a scammer complaint, and not over any explicit rule that says trading outside of escrow or their wallets is prohibited. Instead, being an honest trader has now cost me the account and reputation I've been building for 2+ years and without any prior warnings or incidents. Even eBay back in the day allowed sellers to accept checks and money orders if they so chose to accept the risk.Again, it happened to me, and it can happen to you:By ********.localbitcoins Aug. 25, 2015, 10:33 a.m. - 6 hours ago Hi,your account is suspended because you are asking to trade outside of localbitcoins escrow.This is not allowed on our platform and your account will not be allowed to trade anymore.Best regards,No questions asked, no warning, nothing. It happened to me and it can happen to you. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/1WRbPG9

No comments :

Post a Comment