Tuesday 28 November 2017

Are my calculations correct?

Hi there, I'm new to mining and I've got some money to invest. I'm thinking about buying an Antminer S9, since it has the best hashrate so far, as far as I know.
I've entered all the necessary details into Whattomine and according to the website, with the current BTC price, I should achieve ROI in approximately 80 days.
However, this is with an electricity price of $0.23 / kWh, which is pretty high. According to reactions and posts on this subreddit, most people consider mining not profitable when your electricity costs are above $0.16 / kWh. Yet, I should be making $0.73 / hour using an S9, according to Whattomine.
Where does this discrepancy come from? Is Whattomine not accurate, or did I miss a factor?
Any help would be appreciated.



Submitted November 28, 2017 at 06:46PM by doedesamba1 http://bit.ly/2BrJMYx

No comments :

Post a Comment