Tuesday 28 November 2017

How to power the S9 in the US?

I've watched quite a few videos and done a lot of reading, but I still haven't landed on a concrete answer. My apologies if this question may has been posted here many times.

Most important question.

(1) Is it possible to run the S9 at full power / full hashing capacity on 110v? I've seen a lot of talk about various power supplies for running it on 110v but less discussion on what the hash rate is using these supplies.

Have you guys seen this unit? The price is decent and it looks like it has a standard 110v US plug.

This REV6 board 1950watt 110v/240V 80+ Gold Power Supply For S7 & S9 Antminer product looks good, but again I'm just not sure if this will produce enough wattage to run full hash rate. I'd appreciate if someone would help me how to know.

The APW3++ has documented

The APW3++ can deliver a maximum power of only 1200W if it is connected to a 110V mains power supply.

This is what mainly concerns me and makes me think it may not be possible to get full hash power from a 110v source.

(2) Either way, am I better off putting in a 220v 30A circuit in the US? Would this work for the APW3++? The spec sheet indicates the input voltage up to 240v is fine and frequency input is listed at 47-63Hz, which is within normal US standards. Is this a good option? It seems perfectly reasonable I have circuit capacity to add it.

(3) Is there anything I should put between my power supply and power source? A surge protector or anything like that? I'm worried about lightning / power surge / under-voltage, etc.

Thanks, and feel free to point me to existing posts / information sources if they answer my questions I just haven't been certain from anything I've found yet.



Submitted November 29, 2017 at 12:57AM by d341d http://bit.ly/2hYmnoW

No comments :

Post a Comment