Tuesday 17 September 2019

Show reddit: I made my own Lightning Monitoring tool


Hello,​I hope you are having a great day.​Today I would like to show you the project that I've been working on for a while.It is born from all the issues I personally had running my lightning apps.(About 7 month ago I decided to code and publish one bitcoin project per month for 12 month).​There are some other monitoring tools out there, checking that the process is "alive". The issue I found with those was that it often require coding, hard to setup. Another issue was the "fake green", the node being online and responding correctly but actually invoices could not be paid, among other more common bugs.​So I think that the best way to monitor it, is to actually make the client generate and send an invoice to the monitoring service, pay and get paid. The only way to guaranty 100% that everything is working. Enters lnmonitoring.com​The service is a Software as a service with a heartbeat script, that will every hour generate, send and pay a 1 sat invoice to the client Lightning node, ensuring that everything is working.​It's easy and quick to setup, as easy as download and run some python scripts, no coding required.The project has been running on my own apps for more than a month now and the uptime has dramatically improved. Simply put, it worked for me.​Find it here: lnmonitoring.com​Would love some feedback on it.Do you have any issue running your Lightning node?Is this project useful to you? via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2LyQNxv

No comments :

Post a Comment