Thursday 5 November 2020

Is this possible: Adaptive mining with Solar

So I have this idea:

Soon there will be solar panels on my roof, and new regulation where I live means I don't get compensated for putting overproduction back on the grid. So my meter is not rolling back, its basically me donating free electricity to the grid on sunny days.

So this got me thinking: I am during the day expecting to overproduce around 1-2kw at least 200 days/year. Is there a way to adaptively use this to mine crypto? So that I don't pull off the grid, or when the overcapacity is 'only' 200watt, that I only convert those 200 watt into mining. And automatically turn on/off depending on solar capacity.

Simplest solution seems to be buying a hefty GPU (upcoming AMD 6800 or Nvidia 3070). I have seen however that many people in my neighborhood are selling older Antminer models (s9 for example goes $100 ish).

Can those antminers adapt their electricity consumption based on a signal? Is it useful to use my desktop to mine stuff? Its gonna be sitting there anyway



Submitted November 05, 2020 at 03:50PM by chief167 https://bit.ly/38cDi2o

No comments :

Post a Comment