Monday 1 May 2017

I've updated the beginners' guide for buying bitcoins in 2017. What are your thoughts?


In September 2016 I wrote up a guide for friends and family asking me how to buy bitcoins: http://bit.ly/2oPc9Nr especially with a credit card, or PayPal, bank transfer, and cash (since this was what most people use). I got some good feedback, notably from the community here on reddit and bitcointalk. People also gave some good advice for future modifications. Here is what I've now added & updated:added emphasis that you can also work for bitcoins (instead of buying them) on places like xbtfreelancer or subs like Jobs4Bitcoinsplaced special attention on informing new users how to spot indicators showing that a bitcoin exchange is following security best practicessimilar tips are included for spotting out an exchange that might be showing signs of compromise (past/potential) - my lessons learned from MtGox and Bitfinexrepeated warning that users should never store their coins on exchangeswith so many sites & services going full-KYC and account flagging/freezing happening more often, I have included a section explaining this for beginners.extra tips for methods/services/places to buy bitcoin with no id verificationreminding newcomers that exchanges who do not interact, assist, and give back to the community are ultimately not worth using.I would appreciate your thoughts on the improvements and updates. Is there anything I should add or take out?From a beginner's perspective searching how to buy bitcoin, what do I need to explain further? via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2p0qD9v

No comments :

Post a Comment