Tuesday 13 October 2015

I purchased my first bitcoin today

Feels good to finally get onboard a project that I truly believe will become a viable currency in the future. It took a while to save enough and push it into this purchase, but I've finally done it and we'll now see how this story goes.

My first impression is that this won't be going anywhere fast until the payment experience becomes easy enough for the normal person. And I don't mean Reddit, internet-warrior easy. I mean average joe, able to press a button and purchase a bitcoin easy.

I went through a process of looking on google for the best way to buy my first bitcoin but I got confused by everything so I eventually settled for localbitcoins. After a process of ID verification which looked similar to me playing a local cam-whore I provided the requested photos of me holding up my ID and a custom message outlined by the seller. Once I sent a direct bank transfer I got my coin, and sent it to my new blockchain wallet for offline storage (Got that tip from here) Thanks

I will admit that a lot of this still truly goes over my head and I do my best to keep myself informed in this project (I have done for at least a year) via /r/Bitcoin. Thanks to all those who have offered their advice and thoughts over the previous months that finally convinced me to make this happen.



Submitted October 13, 2015 at 11:29PM by CallidusUK http://bit.ly/1Pekm3O

No comments :

Post a Comment