Friday 1 December 2017

4 S9s (Expanding to 8 later) - Individual 240v Circuits or PDU?

It is my understanding that I can run one 1400w miner per 240v circuit at 5.83A. If my breaker is 15A I can fit 2 S9's on one circuit and be at 77.7% load, correct?

  • Should I up this to 20A just in case of spikes?

  • Should I stick to individual circuits?

  • What if I up the breaker to 30A?

  • Will multiple miners on a circuit impact my power consumption used as opposed to individual circuits?

  • How does a PDU work/compare in this situation? Can I run more than 2 miners off of one 240v circuit in this case?

  • Should I use some type of surge protector anyways? (Using APW3++ PSU)

I have an electrician coming tomorrow and would like to be able to know exactly what I need. At the moment my panel has 3 breaker spots remaining. I am intending on telling the electrician to install a sub panel directly below. Luckily where I'm planning to have my miners is a short run from the main panel. I plan on telling him to run 4 -240v circuits w/20A breakers to my mining location. I will then run each miner on its own circuit for now. However I plan on ordering 4 more miners a few months later once evaluating/researching further. I would like to add these new miners without having an electrician come by again in the future.

I understand some of these may be simple questions but I haven't found clear answers and have seen both set ups used. Just would like some clarity before miners arrive. Any additional info is appreciated,

Thanks

Edit: In Ontario, Canada by the way.



Submitted December 01, 2017 at 11:01PM by NG_PFC http://bit.ly/2j4SV1G

No comments :

Post a Comment