Friday 29 December 2017

Hi everyone, I'm new to mining, just have a few questions!

Hey all, just like the title says, I'm new to mining, I'm currently mining with nicehash right now using my computer at home

-1080 ti GPU & i9 7900x CPU

Roughly making $10/day, which I think is pretty damn cool, especially since electricity is free for my apartment so it's all profit.

Anyways, I started talking with my girlfriends dad about this and he's actually been following and figuring out how to invest in bitcoin, cryptocurrency in general, and what the best strategy is, once he found out I was mining with my computer, it caught his attention and this is where we are now...

We're thinking of making the huge investment of mining. Now it's my job to research and figure out everything we need to know before we start investing, so if you guys can provide me with youtube videos or articles, guidelines on what you need to know and what to watch out for, I'd gladly appreciate it!

Now, it terms of the actual mining part, I've found that GPU mining is just not profitable at all anymore, even with multiple GPU set up, not worth it.

Having said that, I found out about ASIC hardware, much more efficient, much faster than GPU mining, but more expensive. Now the capital is all on his side, he has the capital to buy 10, probably 20 of these ASIC hardware, and I'm leaning towards the most popular of them all, the AntMiner S9.

The Antminer S9 straight from BitMain is currently sold out and I don't see anything on their website about restock dates so I'm looking into other websites, what websites are in stock and are reliable and trust worthy to buy S9's right now?

I've also come to find out about Cloud Mining, and pool mining and all that stuff, and I was wondering whether or not you guys think Cloud Mining is worth it? Considering we're gonna be running this type of mining for ourselves. Currently, Hashflare is the only website that has contracts left for cloud mining @ $2.20, is that still worth it?

Hypothetically, if we had a setup of 10-20 S9's, would we need to join a mining pool or would it be better to solo mine ourselves?

Anymore useful information you guys can provide would be awesome! We're both new to this but we're excited!

Thanks in advance to the replies!



Submitted December 29, 2017 at 03:50PM by HbTLOVE http://bit.ly/2CliBzy

No comments :

Post a Comment