Wednesday 27 December 2017

I decided not to give Bitcoin this Christmas and thank god for that decision.

I was going to give my Sister and Dad about $50-$100 each of bitcoin but since around the 22-24th the transactions were taking for ever and fees were so high I decided against it. Keep in mind they know nothing about bitcoin.

I didnt mention it at all during the three days I was there (I live interstate) until the last night when my dad randomly goes, "hey mate what is buttcoin?", "I said you mean bitcoin" and "he said yeh". There was also 6 other people sitting around the table, ages between 24-75 none of which new anything about bitcoin. It was the moment I dreaded and I said "its just an online only currency", which he responded "how does it work?", I tried to play it off by saying "its a bit too much to go into now but it basically gives you a relatively anonymous way to do transactions with people all over the world, fast and cheap (lol, bring on lightning network and segwit pls)".

Well that was it suddenly everyone at the table was talking over each other "It just crashed", "Its a Pyramid scheme", "But where do the coins come from", "definitely a scam, it will collapse soon", "My brother said its a ponzi scheme", "what gives it the value, like its just numbers" and then all of a sudden all eyes were on me again to explain this shit. I give them a brief overview but it was going way over their heads. My cousin who is pretty switched asked where the coins come from and I had to briefly explain mining and fuck me it was a terrible 2-3 minutes. I may as well have been speaking an alien language. Anyways the chat then moved on to something else and that was that.

So yeh at the end of the day I am very glad I didn't give out Bitcoin this Christmas.

As for myself I am still hodling



Submitted December 27, 2017 at 12:57PM by cardwarsaddict http://bit.ly/2lgeNal

No comments :

Post a Comment