Sunday 3 December 2017

I'm likely one of the Coinbase 14,000 that the IRS now has targeted. I will report EVERYTHING that occurs to this community.


I got into BTC in a big way this year (over $20K purchased on Coinbase). To my unfortunate surprise, that technically puts me on the list that Coinbase was ordered to handover to the IRS. I do not blame Coinbase and am satisfied that they fought against the action.However, since I believe that this is highly overstepping taxpayers rights as well as conflicts of parity: i.e. does the IRS get notified if I invest 20k in mutual funds? I intend to document any and all interactions I have with any government body here for this community to review.I want all of us to be vocal, transparent, and prepared to protect our assets under due process.I have dutifully paid U.S. taxes since day one of my working life. I have not profited one cent as of yet with any cryptocurrency, since I have not sold one Satoshi of my holdings. I plan to arm myself with the most practical legal advice available to me and, if it comes to it, support from bitcoin-friendly financial advisors that know their stuff.Thanks for listening. HODL on.EDIT: Looks like I got the tax year(s) wrong; thanks for setting me straight. Keeping this post up as my sentiment about this action remains unchanged. via /r/Bitcoin http://bit.ly/2Aq9JY5

No comments :

Post a Comment