Saturday 30 December 2017

Looking at buying a mining rig and need some advice

I recently sold some bitcoins to help cover a move I'm doing, but due to some other circumstances ended up with a fair amount of extra cash. As such, I want to get back into mining (last time I did it was back when GPU mining was decent in 2012 and got 4.2 bitcoins from just mining them). I'm looking around, and have two options currently on the table. I currently use NiceHash, but am looking at other/better options to pool with.

The first one is the Antminer S9 people talk about here. Pros are the price is cheap, has good supposed hash rates from the website, and is small. Cons are that I haven't heard good things about it from other places.

The other one I have is the baikal miner giant b. Pros of this are a suggested high payment amount (~400/d according to NH's website). Cons are price, and weird payment requirements (WD, coins, or wire transfer).

Any suggestions for good pools, or places to mine would also be accepted thankfully.

Edit: To be clear, I'm currently mining with NiceHash because I am GPU mining and it pays out in BTC, which I can't seem to get a good currency conversion if I pool mine with a GPU anymore.



Submitted December 30, 2017 at 02:56PM by CyborgTriceratops http://bit.ly/2Cn7eJJ

No comments :

Post a Comment