Friday 1 December 2017

Starting mining - $10K investment

Hey guys I am about to take the leap and invest ~$10K into bitcoin mining. I have done some research but am lacking answers of some fundamentals that I think you guys might help shed some light on.

As far as I know, BITMAIN has a very strong hold on the market and last time I checked the S9 was the top dog of miners. I know that they have basically only started accepting bitcoin cash for miners. Questions from this are:

  1. Where can I find news/information on upcoming mining hardware releases (I don't want to buy a bunch of S9 to only have S10 come out the next week, etc).

  2. On BITMAIN's website, as far as I can tell, you can only add them to your cart if they are available, but I am not finding any information on the currently available batch. It looks like there are some available now? I would like to know when it would be expected to arrive etc.

  3. Any idea if the S9 is still worth purchasing at this point?

Housing:

  1. Is there any universally accepted cheap way to colocate/house the miners? Seems like the noise would be a huge deterrent to anyone who does not have a garage/basement etc.

Thanks!



Submitted December 02, 2017 at 01:36AM by swz http://bit.ly/2jC3Hfg

No comments :

Post a Comment